As we prepare for the launch of WINGS, we have partnered with Able SC.
Able SC is a non-profit agency that has federal grant funding to help provide education to school staff. Able SC is also a resource for strategic planning for schools and on how to create inclusive classrooms and schools.
The WINGS committee would like to invite you to an education session provided by Able SC this Friday, January 22 at 9:00 am via Zoom.
We will be learning about disability awareness, first person language, disability history and advocacy.
We are excited about the WINGS program and would love your involvement and support as we prepare to launch the program to school staff, parents, and students.
The Zoom Link is below to join the meeting on Friday.
Topic: WINGS/Able SC Education Session
Time: Jan 22, 2021 09:00 AM Eastern Time (US and Canada)
Join Zoom Meeting
Meeting ID: 890 3568 8965
One tap mobile
+16465588656,,89035688965#,,,,*825316# US (New York)
+13017158592,,89035688965#,,,,*825316# US (Washington D.C)
Dial by your location
+1 646 558 8656 US (New York)
+1 301 715 8592 US (Washington D.C)
+1 312 626 6799 US (Chicago)
+1 669 900 9128 US (San Jose)
+1 253 215 8782 US (Tacoma)
+1 346 248 7799 US (Houston)
Meeting ID: 890 3568 8965
Find your local number: https://us02web.zoom.us/u/kbWaY6jQ0h
The mission statement and goals of the WINGS program are included below.
What is the Mission Statement of WINGS?
The WINGS program at Monarch is a peer buddy program that exists to develop relationships and educational opportunities between students with disabilities and students without disabilities through leadership development, education, inclusion, and community partnerships.
What are the goals of WINGS?
1. Create an educational partnership between students with disabilities and students without disabilities
2. Create a Leadership Development Program for 4th and 5th grade students
3. Promote school and community-wide inclusion and advocacy
4. Transform the way we think, view, and include one another in school and in our communities
5. Create a school culture in which all students are equal, visible, and participating members
What is the Meaning of WINGS?
1. Monarch Elementary is represented by the monarch butterfly
2. When we think about a butterfly, most of us are reminded of the transformation that takes place for the butterfly to develop
3. Only with its wings can a butterfly begin to fly and ultimately survive
4. Our goal for the WINGS program is to help each and every student at Monarch develop “WINGS” to fly and ultimately soar
We hope to “see” many of you this Friday at 9:00 am. Please let us know if you have any questions or need further information.